IP HD surveillance cameras are not limited to the analog PAL resolution of about 0.4 megapixel. Virtually all new IP cameras have a resolution of at least 1.3 megapixels. IP camera surveillance is scalable from one to thousands of cameras, one camera at a time, so not the fixed steps of digital video recorders. Because the storage of images is IP-based, you are not dependent on one location. You can set up both the infrastructure and the server and data storage in any desired location. This also guarantees a significantly shorter replacement time in case of failure. Another advantage of IP cameras is ‘what you see is what you get’. With analog camera solutions, there is still a difference between the recorded image and the live image. Compare for example the CCTV clips on Crimewatch.
Some advantages in a row
- Accessible via a computer network, therefore remotely adjustable
- Sharp images thanks to ‘progressive scanning technology’, even in case of plenty of motion
- No expensive cabling necessary
- Global access, easily linked with e.g. control rooms
- Less network bandwidth consumption
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): unaffected by power failures
- Access also possible via smartphones, PDAs etc.
Need advice?!Call on our ready knowledge of a wide variety of products and their applicability. Contact us
- Excellent service
- Innovative ideas
- Complete solution supplier
- Installation support
- Technical support by contract
- Construction of custom-made video servers